Friday, January 25th
All Ages | 7pm Doors | 8pm Start
$40 Premier Reserved Seating
$30 General Admission
Highly esteemed bluegrass band Blue Highway has earned a collective 28 IBMA Awards, 6 SPBGMA Awards, one Dove Award, plus three Grammy nominations as a band, in addition to two prestigious Grammy Awards among its current members.
Blue Highway earned a 2017 GRAMMY Nomination for their #1 album "Original Traditional," a 2016 release on Rounder Records.
Blue Highway was voted the Favorite Bluegrass Artist of All Time by the readers of Bluegrass Today in April 2016.
Wayne Taylor was the 2016 Inductee into the Virginia Country Music Hall of Fame, alongside legends like Patsy Cline, the Statler Brothers, Jimmy Dean, Mother Maybelle Carter, and Roy Clark.
Justin Moses was honored as 2018 IBMA Dobro Performer of the Year. Tim Stafford received honors as 2017 and 2014 IBMA Songwriter of the Year, as well as 2015 SPBGMA Guitar Player of the Year. Shawn Lane was also nominated as 2015 IBMA Songwriter of the Year.
Blue Highway charted the Most Radio Airplay of any Bluegrass Artist in 2014, per the 2014 Bluegrass Radio Airplay Chart, storming national airplay charts with their heralded album The Game.
The Game topped multiple charts at #1 including reigning at #1 for 7 consecutive months on the Bluegrass Unlimited Album Chart, and was named the # 1 Bluegrass Album of the Year by critic Daniel Mullins in his end of the year Top 20 Albums of 2014 list in Bluegrass Today.
The 2012 IBMA Vocal Group of the Year also sent the title track of The Game to #1 on multiple charts including Bluegrass Today and Roots Music Report, as well as holding at #1 for three consecutive months on the national Bluegrass Unlimited Song Chart (Aug-Oct 2014).
Blue Highway has been praised by peers, fans, and media alike, with one of the most powerful descriptions of the 24-year strong powerhouse band being shared by Country Standard Time:
“Wayne Taylor sings with the emotion of a man who escaped the coal mines and ain't planning on going back. Tim Stafford continues to craft songs with depth .. The instrumentation is perfect. From the get go, Jason Burleson opens with the unique style that defines Blue Highway banjo.. Shawn Lane exemplifies modern mandolin, yet nods to the Monroe legacy. Three lead singers.. rich harmony .. songs of forgotten homeless veterans, fallen heroes, and heartbroken families. Blue Highway personifies modern acoustic music with respect for tradition. Highly recommended, highly respected."
As momentum continues to build for the powerhouse band, Blue Highway is rolling on with a rich legacy, carried on by three powerhouse songwriters and vocalists in Tim Stafford, Wayne Taylor, and Shawn Lane, whose harmonies soar over the dynamic banjo of Jason Burleson and the explosive dobro of Justin Moses.
IBMA (International Bluegrass Music Association (IBMA) Awards
* Vocal Group of the Year (2012)
* Song of the Year (2008-Through the Window of a Train)
* Gospel Recorded Performance of the Year (2004-Wondrous Love; 1997-God Moves in a Windstorm)
* Emerging Artist of the Year (1996)
* Album of the Year Award (1996-It's a Long, Long Road; 2006, Celebration of Life: Musicians Against Childhood Cancer)
* Dobro Player of the Year (Rob Ickes) (2013, 2012, 2011, 2010, 2009, 2008, 2007, 2006, 2004, 2003, 2000, 1999, 1998, 1997, 1996)
* Songwriter of the Year (Tim Stafford) (2017, 2014)
* Graphic Design for a Recorded Project - Blue Highway - Midnight Storm - Rebel Records - Craig Hansen - 1998
* Recorded Event of the Year (Special Consensus with Rob Ickes & Claire Lynch for "Wild Montana Skies") (2014)